Re-purpose your empty water bottles in this simple math activity for your elementary-aged students. Fraction strips help students see the relationships between different fractions.
- plastic water bottle
- colorful fuzzy sticks
- colorful tissue
- colorful index index cards (large)
- permanent marker (to draw the the face)
- sharp pin (to poke holes in plastic bottles)
- Make fraction strips with index cards. Make sure each strip is evenly spaced.
- Use a sharp pin to poke holes in opposite sides of the strip.
- Use a sharp pin to poke holes in opposite sides of the plastic bottle.
- Thread one fuzzy stick through the plastic bottle.
- Stuff one sheet of colorful tissue into the plastic bottle.
- Thread the fuzzy “hands” into either side of the strip. Fold to secure.
- Draw face on the plastic bottle.
- Make a few ribbon curls and glue on the “hair.”
- Visit our website http://www.tamsanded.com
- Like us on Facebook: TAMS and ED